Advanced Counseling Services
Phone: 573-221-Care (2273)
108 North 3rd Street , Suite 200
Hannibal , Missouri 63401
What is Mediation?
Mediation is a confidential, cost effective and flexible means of dispute resolution. A third-party neutral acts as a facilitator to assist participants to reach a mutually beneficial agreement through guided questions and communication. The mediator helps participants identify issues that are important to each of them, communicate their ideas, explore options, reduce misunderstandings, clarify priorities, explore areas of compromise, negotiate differences, and if possible come to mutually acceptable agreements.
Why choose Mediation?
- Less Expensive than litigation
- Resolve conflict and find your resolution confidentially
- Gives you the power to negotiate your own resolutions
- Time Saver! Mediation is issue focused
- Allows you to retain your dignity at the end of the conflict
- Long lasting solutions. Studies show mediated agreements are more adhered to
When parents are able to reach an agreement they are putting their kids first, and keeping them out of the middle of conflict which is healthy for everyone. This sets the stage for a positive co-parenting relationship.
Who benefits from Mediation?
- Those planning to file for divorce or modifications
- Child Custody/ Child Support
- Family Relationship Disputes
- Anyone in conflict seeking to find a resolution or settlement agreement
Call us today for rates, and to schedule a time to meet your Mediator!